The Museum’s Teen Leadership Council (TLC) is a program for teens, run by teens. It is open to teens in the local community who are at least 14 years old and who have already participated in at least one other teen program at CMoG. Some of the things participants will gain by joining the TLC include:
- Leadership and career readiness skills
- Research and implement strategies for engaging teens with the Museum
- Experience planning an event from start to finish
The TLC meets once a week from June through August.
For more information contact: The Volunteer Program at [email protected] or +1 (607) 438-5286.
Meet the 2019 Teen Leadership Council
- Kyle Nguyen is an upcoming Senior at Corning Painted-Post High School. In his spare time, Kyle submerges himself in writing and musical performance. As a part of the Teen Leadership Council, he hopes to apply himself in a manner that makes good use of his skills via effective leadership while becoming involved in the community.
- Eshwar Venkataswamy will be a sophomore at Notre Dame High School in Elmira, NY. He applied for the Teen Leadership Council to become a trustworthy and confident leader for others to come to during situations. When Eshwar is not wandering the exhibits the Corning Museum of Glass, he enjoys swimming and playing saxophone.
- Shane Lehman will be entering his Junior year of high school this year. Shane enjoys boxing and his academics as he follows a PTECH program satisfying both high school and college requirements. Shane is in the TLC because he would like to learn more about how to work with differentiating people and their personalities.
- Raghav Tandon is an incoming freshman at the Corning Painted Post High School. Some activities he takes part in are running, playing his clarinet, and socializing with friends. Raghav decided to participate in TLC for new leadership experience and to grow on his skills with communication.
- Paige Boutelle will be a senior at Addison central school. In her free time Paige likes to ski, create art, take photographs and spend time with animals. Through her participation in the TLC, she wishes to learn how to delegate her work better.
- Rebecca Peng will be a freshman in high school this year. She enjoys running and playing the violin. Rebecca is in the TLC because she wants to learn how to become a better leader, mentoring others the right way. She likes to help serve her community.
- Aaryaa Donthu is a rising 11th grader at Corning Painted Post High School. In her free time, she takes karate classes, enjoys reading, playing basketball, and hanging out with her younger brothers. Aaryaa decided to join TLC in hopes of becoming a better leader and improving her social skills as well as using the opportunity to meet new people.
- Aidan Cagwin is a home schooler in 11th grade. Aidan enjoys doing martial arts while also learning coding. Aidan joined the TLC program to learn how to be more confident in himself, and to manage situations better.
- Imanni Harewood (not pictured) is a rising tenth grader at the Corning Painted Post High School. In her free time she enjoys playing on the Hawks Volleyball team. Imanni joined the TLC because she was interested in being in a group of her peers also interested in leadership.